Hot Air Balloon
Enthusiasts must take special interest in the article below. The Fun Facts specially would amaze you a little because of the very fact that the article talks about. Read on and enjoy the facts about your Favorite Sport of Hot air balloons.
- Hot air balloons were discovered in France in 1783.
- It was discovered that a fabric bag filled with hot air would rise.
- Initially Balloons without any Passengers were sent up.
- Then, animals of all sorts were used for experimenting like a sheep, rooster, and duck, to be sent high up.
- Finally, they sent up a balloon with two men in it. It traveled over Paris for 5.5 miles. It stayed up 23 minutes.
- This was the first attempt made by man to fly. Bravo!
- Balloons have been important in science as they have helped us study the weather and the atmosphere.
- Hot Air Balloon has a Special basket for passengers to sit in it.
- It has flying wires to attach the basket to the balloon.
- The skirt helps direct the hot air into the balloon.
- Each long section of the Hot Air Balloon is called the gore.
- Smaller pieces of the gore are called panels.
- A Parachute is placed right at the top of each Hot Air Balloon.
Copyright Vernon L. Underwood http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id591154012